Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have a 383 stroker and i wanted to know what would sound better 2 inch exhaust with glasspacks or 3 inch?? i want it to loud and pissed off please help cant decide
thanks
kev

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had 3" and just went with 2 1/2 it sounds better and also stopped a small rubbing problem I had at driveways. I also have a 383 in my car with flow masters along with a beefy cam. Car sounds real good but it is not a ear drum breaker which it sounds like your looking for.

·
HR VIOLATION
159 Posts
winko33 said:
hi i have a 383 stroker and i wanted to know what would sound better 2 inch exhaust with glasspacks or 3 inch?? i want it to loud and pissed off please help cant decide
thanks
kev
I went with the stainless "pypes" 3" headder back systems from summit with the flowmaster super 44's. remember, its just a giant air pump.. more air in, more air out...

·
Registered
650 Posts
3" pipes will kill some of your low end and midrange torque, go with 2 1/2" diameter, cross pipe, and cheap, straight thru mufflers for a loud sound. Make sure everything is bolted together, so you can swap the mufflers out after you get a few headaches and excessive noise tickets.

·
You got a leaky spark tube...
2,854 Posts
Loud and p!ssed off doesn't always equal cool. There is a huge difference between 2 inch and 3 inch exhaust. 2 1/2" would work well with a set of good mufflers. Something with a nice rumble will sound better than something that's just ridiculously loud.

·
HR VIOLATION
159 Posts
Blazin72 said:
Loud and p!ssed off doesn't always equal cool. T Something with a nice rumble will sound better than something that's just ridiculously loud.
I agree completely. There is nothing worse than an exhaust thats too loud on a constant basis (thats why they make the electric exhaust bypass :) ) The constant drone can get really annoying after awhile. I would go with something that you can enjoy when you're just cruising by yourself (think highway/country road 3000rpm w/o overdrive). When you want to piss off the neighbor just flip the switch on your bypass and give them a dose of the open headers haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.