Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i got my 2003 Gt mustang back from my gear install. I LOVE them, the car pulls HARD. 5th gear on the highway, if i floor it, it picks up speed FAST. It was like putting it in 4th before. 1st gear is pretty short but OMG does it pull like a mother. I love it, car is 100X better :) Thought id share

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
I bought a set of gears...

for the Ford 9" rear end in my 53 chevy. This guy is selling off his racing stuff and I got the gears and a set of 400 rods and a list of the motors he has for sale. I currently have 3.50 gears in it now but will replace them with the 4.11 gears maybe this winter.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
Wait, you paid someone else to put them in!? Don't you work in a garage? Either way, get it down to the track see if it will hit 13.5.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah i do work in a garage, we just dont have the stuff to do it, at least right. Besides that is something i dont want to tackle, least not right now :). Besides the guy who did it, well he owes me many favors, and wants me to come work for him, so he hooked me up :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Did you get the Speedcal yet, or is your speedo reading 100 when you're doing about 75, LOL (been there). I'm glad to hear you're happy with it..........4.10s was one of THE best things we ever did to that car. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts