Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im new here so dont harp on me to bad i know this has probably been asked a hundred times. im doing a 4.3 to 350 swap its .040 over 11.0-1 compresion 480 lift 295 duration lanati voodoo cam crank is stock stroke and has x o truck rods all im wondering is if the 5 speed tranny from the 4.3 will hold up. all right i know it will bolt up fine i just want to know if i going to hav to replace the tranny after a week or if it will hold up for a while

·
http://www.warsprints.com
2,024 Posts
usmc_314 said:
im new here so dont harp on me to bad i know this has probably been asked a hundred times. im doing a 4.3 to 350 swap its .040 over 11.0-1 compresion 480 lift 295 duration lanati voodoo cam crank is stock stroke and has x o truck rods all im wondering is if the 5 speed tranny from the 4.3 will hold up. all right i know it will bolt up fine i just want to know if i going to hav to replace the tranny after a week or if it will hold up for a while
What type vehicle & what transmission? Manual or auto?
It will depend on how you drive it but from your description of the motor, you're going to be running it at the track with 100+ octane fuel with 11:1 compression.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its a 5 speed manual from the original 4.3 in a 88 silverado, and not realy at track so much as the street im just more building it for a weekend cruser right now but eventualy when the budget says so i will have the money for a 350 or 400 turbo and a nine inch and as far as the gas 93 octane and retard the timeing like around 34 insted of 36 or 38 so it wont ping

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.