Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a few questions in which some of you may have the answers to. This my sound wired but i am extremly interested in the 92-95 vortec 4.3l. i beleve they are rated at 190 hp and 240 ft/lbs. i know a 4.3 will bolt to my trans, but what i need to know is wheather or not the flywheel is part of the balance of the motor on the 92 up motors with the balance shaft or is the fly wheel balance set at zero. i need to know if i can bolt a T56 flywheel to a 92-95 vortec 4.3 without messing up the balance.
I know i can build a V8 for more gain, but i drive back and forth and hour each way to school costing my about $15 a day. i want to lessen fuel usage, have something different, and want to add a turbo down the road for when i want to use a lot of gas

·
Registered
9,050 Posts
The flywheels/flexplates from the non balance shaft motor are the same as balance shaft models up to 96 (possibly later). They are not neutral balanced. They look like later model one piece 350 Chevy flexplates with the stamped weight welded to them.

You will find several different intake/head combos. Most are not interchangeable. (different manifold bolts and positions)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so, my next question is a way i could add weight to one side of my t56 flywheel to be equal to a 4.3 flywheel/flexplate. And what is the difference in balance, how much would i have to add. Thanx

·
Registered
9,050 Posts
You would have to send out your two wheels and tell the balance shop which one you want the imbalance to match. He will spin them up and match the amount of imbalance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts