Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have any advise on how to swap a 4.6 cobra motor in a '65 falcon??? my wife wants to smoke the tuner boyz....neighbor has a 4.6/5-speed complete with harness, ecu, ect and I can get it cheap....physically getting the engine in the car dosn't worry me as I plan to change the frame to accept larger brakes, rack and pinion, ect...but I have heard the ecu can be difficult to get around...especially the theft control system.....any help would be appreciated.....thx!!!:confused:

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
I don't know much about the 4.6s. But form what I can remember they are wider than the 5.0s. If that is the case you will need to remove your shock towers, go with a modified front suspension, and brakes, and weld engine/ tranny mounts in the appropriate places. Oh yeah, and you will probably need to modify your driveline length.

If it was originally a 6 cylinder car, you will need to get an 8" or 9" rear. A V8 Maverick is a good donor for the rear end. It will be 1/2" narrower than the original, and it will bolt on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts