Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the intake off a 4.6L F150 because its leaking. Seems none of the replacement manifolds match the old one as the old one has a tube coming out the back that gets hooked up to a hose. Here's a picture. Anyone have some suggestions?

·
Administrator
8,464 Posts
IIRC the fitting was moved to a lower location on the back of the intake.It is even harder to get to now. Last one I did, I hooked the hose up and installed the clamp Before I set the manifold completly on because it is so hard to get to.

Dumb I tell ya

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IIRC the fitting was moved to a lower location on the back of the intake.It is even harder to get to now. Last one I did, I hooked the hose up and installed the clamp Before I set the manifold completly on because it is so hard to get to.

Dumb I tell ya
I hear ya. This really is a joke. The screws to hold the fuel rails in don't even exsist on the new one. I'll take a picture of that one later. BTW - the replacement is a Dorman

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ordered an OEM one from Ford. After watching and reading a lot about these manifolds, it looks like the OEM one is still put together better than the Dorman and other brands. Some of them come with adapter kits and all that other stuff to " make it fit and work" Not my speed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.