Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be a relatively inexpensive way to increase horse power to this engine?

[ December 06, 2001: Message edited by: Liveoak5 ]</p>

·
Registered
125 Posts
A cold-air system could be cheap if you did it yourself. Almost anything else I can think of is decent money (at least for me but I can't afford to play with a Northstar anyway).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response. What are some of your other ideas? Are there any kits on the market.What do Super Chargers run, Or Turbo chargers run. It seems like everything is very expensive. Not to mention getting some one who knows what they are doing. Don

·
Registered
59 Posts
here is a couple of links of northstar sites after seeing your post with no answers i went searching the web for such info now i want to put a northstar in somthing i work on stock northstars all the time but i didnt know there was very much if any performance mods till now hope this helps good luckanother performance site

[ December 04, 2001: Message edited by: igotachevyor2 ]</p>

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your time and those sites are just what I was looking for. It is amazing what they can do today. Im checking into getting new heads and increase the breathing.Thanks again Don

·
Registered
2 Posts
Liveoak5 said:
What would be a relatively inexpensive way to increase horse power to this engine?

[ December 06, 2001: Message edited by: Liveoak5 ]</p>
you should add a cherrybomb glasspack.i know everybody says it sounds like **** but it increased my horsepower.i can feel it. it saves me gas when people say it dosnt and it sounds awesome.i know i have a93 cafillac seville.

·
Old(s) Fart
5,894 Posts
cadillachotrodder93 said:
you should add a cherrybomb glasspack.i know everybody says it sounds like **** but it increased my horsepower.i can feel it. it saves me gas when people say it dosnt and it sounds awesome.i know i have a93 cafillac seville.
Yeah, the Honda owners have "proven" that a louder exhaust ALWAYS results in a faster car... :rolleyes:

By the way, you're responding to a thread from 2001.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.