Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 1961 ford F100 unibody thats a mild pro street project. I need a 4 link for the rear so I can finish up the rear end but Im going to run airbags on it. I want to lay out as far as I can go. It has a 460 thats mildly built so Its got to be tough enough not to twist. I was thinking triangulated but I just wanted to see what others thought. Thanx Brock

Attachments

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
A triangulated 4-link (and it's cousin the 3-link with 2 links and a wishbone) is a good suspension for vehicles with air bars that want to "hit the sides". One of the downsides of the triangulated 4-link is that they take up a bunch of room. It doesn't look like you will have any problems at all with having space to put all the links where you want to put them.

Some concepts you need to be sure you understand before you build it:
Anti-squat
Roll axis
Roll center

Good luck :thumbup:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm right there with you fastlane. I'm in the process of doing my coupe and have read all the posts and checked out all the sites and still I'm not sure what to do. In my case, I cant decide the best approach for the mounts as I plan on laying this out as well and dont want the mounts on the bottom of the frame like the leaf spring hangers are now. As it sets now, I have about 2" before the hangers hit. I figured some side of the frame mount brackets for the lower links/bars and then I'll have to build a raised crossmember for the upper link/bars attachment point.

Check out Suicide Doors website. They've got alot of good stuff......Good luck..John

·
Member - AMC/Rambler "guru"
1,766 Posts
Since you won't be driving with the truck in the weeds, check out a "truck arm" suspension. Easy enough to build, and you can put the hangers above the bottom of the frame rails.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts