Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
WHY NOT?
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok anybody here put a 4 link on their vehicle?

Im about to put a 4 link rear suspension on my 61 Falcon, using parts from a mustang so i have the rear axle as well as control arms and springs.

My question right now is simply what is the best way to line up my rear axle so that it is correctly center under my car so that i can build the mounts around where it should be, so my car will track strait down the road.

Thanks for any help,

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
Line up

If you scribe a centerline on the garage floor under your car and then scribe the axle center lines which need to be absolutely square to the center line of the car you will then have reference points from which to work..

this is how some of the ole guys do this..

OMT

·
WHY NOT?
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea i actually did make some marks on my frame to where the centerline was.

Where is a good reference point to measure on the axle?

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
Axle reference

centerline of the axle is what we use..For both ends..and get the lines down on the garage floor as you are gonna need em to plumb of of to establish the exact location of the axles and reference the centerline of the car..

Note: we work to about +/- 30/1000 of an inch in in tolerance when doing this sort of thing..that is in square..and on center..You can get there just do a lot of measuring before fabricating..:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.