Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 1976 Chevy Monza 2+2 and I would like some nice wheels to go with it but I can't find any that are 4 lug. My question is do you know of any kits to convert to 5 lug for my car?

·
Registered
508 Posts
The S-10 conversion for the front is pretty well documented and you get bigger brakes that way too. Otherwise some front discs can be re-drilled, others cannot...it depends on the individual casting, as some replacement parts are flat on the back side but most have reinforcing ribs that interfere with laying another pattern on. Rear axles and drums can be re-drilled, there is just enough room. It can be done on the car if you make a template and can drill straight holes, otherwise you'd want to pull the axles and find a shop to do it right.

·
Registered
25 Posts
For the rear, it really doesn't make sense to get them redrilled. An s10 2 wheel drive axle will fit with no issues. Get the brake drum from the same and you are done. I did it in less than an hr on my Monza for less than $100 including the axles. Make sure you get a 26 spline axle and its breeze.

There are used 26 spline axles on ebay frequently.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts