Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
jackleg
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend of mine who has a 400 pontiac. The issue is he is getting water in the oil. He sent the block out to get it checked and the machine shop has told him the block was good. Right now setting in the car is just the bottom end. He drained the pan on Monday and last night he pulled the drain plug and the oil pan had about a quart of water in it. Any advice? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hang on a sec, here, you said 'Right now setting in the car is just the bottom end'

Do you mean the block, perhaps with the crank, rods, and pistons, is sitting in the car, with no heads or and/or no intake on it? If that is the case, water is probably getting in from outside...condensation on the underside of the hood, leaky hood is letting rain in, etc...

But then again, maybe I'm just misunderstanding what you said.

Chris

·
jackleg
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes you read right the only thing in the car now is the bottom end. The car has been in the garage so no outside source of water. It is the water from the block because it is mixed with antifreeze. I have never heard of this. He first told me of the problem with the motor still "together". He then started tearing it down thinking he could spot a bad gasket. when he got down to the short block he drained the oil pan and the next day went out and pulled the plug and more water was in the pan.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.