Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 509 casting 400 small block, with a moderate boost cam looking to upgrade from 882 heads, I'm running 5 pounds of boost with a 177 blower at the moment but plan to up to 8-9 pounds in the future along with a forged rotating assembly.

I'm looking at purchasing some blue print engineering aluminum heads, and was curious as to whether 210cc or 220cc would suit my build better.

I'd appreciate any advice from someone who has more experience with blown small blocks, thanks.

·
Registered
388 Posts
even with cheapo heads your boost will be less as the ports flow more freely. Does your blower have room to grow too fill bigger heads?

·
More for Less Racer
20,181 Posts
I agree^^^..with high flowing heads, boost is not going to be easy to crank up....is your blower going to ba capable of spinning fast enough to make 8-9 lbs on a free flowing head??.

Boost pressure is just a measurement of intake flow restriction...pressure build up in the manifold and intake ports that isn't making it into the cylinder.

You'll find that with a free flowing head the same 5 lbs you make right now with crappy heads will return 50-60 more HP.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts