Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.I bought a 402 bbc in pieces.This my first bbc build.My question is,which way does the dimple point?Does it go to the intake side or the exhaust side?Thank you for your help and consideration in advance.It is much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Scoll to the second page and look for big block chevy and ford. The easy is way to remember is the intake valve is on the right-hand side of the piston looking down at the piston from either side.

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
Some pop ups have a divot or groove for the plug, so I'm wondering if he's talking about that, or the front orientation dimple like you just said, or if maybe he's talking about the dome itself?

Anyway, as said before, the intake valve relief goes to the right as you look at the block from the side. Also if the pistons are on the rods the right way, the bearing tangs will be towards the pan rail. At the big end of the rod, the large chamfers goes towards the crank cheek.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
402 piston orientation

Just wanted to thank you guys for your info.Cobalt told me what I needed to know.The dimple I was talking about is to the left of the valve relief,near the edge of the piston.Thanks again.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
402 piston

No they are stock. Im keeping it mild because of a small budget.Its going in a 70 c-10 im in the middle of restoring.After im done with this I have 64 short bed stepside im going to build to death.I have a 2000 5.3 i want to build and possibly supercharge to go in it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.