Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
hi !!my guess is if you can't see thru it ,,it's not too far !!
the existing frame should be OK !! why spend a lot of cash for something you already have,, unless it's junk or you'r going to drive it around the track,, i guess thats up to you .. how much cash you got???
sorry i just noticed you are in a bad snow area Wisconsin??i'm in az. and our cars are "RUST FREE"...LOL.. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
40's Chevys had a "Top Hat" frame which is boxed from the factory. They are very strong and unless it has been in a major accident there is little chance the frame will be damaged at all. If there are some small areas where there is rust through all it takes is a small patch and you're good to go.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to everyone for the info. I'm planning on pulling the car out of storage this weekend 6-13-09. I will post photo's as well. Might even get a good start on tearing it apart. The interior is complete and in excellent condition so it may take some time to do that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.