Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, I need some help. I have a 41 Ford with a 427 BBC. I currently have full length headers and need to replace them due to general abuse, prior to my ownership, and the fact that they are rusted beyond repair. I am running a Heidts MII front end on the stock frame. Do any of you know of a full length setup that would fit? I believe that the frame from a 36-49 has the same basic dimensions.

Thanks
Deon

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Deon, the 41 thru 48 frame is about 2.5" wider than the 35-40 frame and the side rails and X members are deeper and beefier. The overall length is several more inches as well, but I can not remember the exact number. I do not have any experience with long headers on a big block in the 41, but I know the stock X member will certainly be in the way and you will have to go under it unless you modify the X member. I have seen a bridge built in the X member to help in this area. In fact I built one on each side of my 36 PU (almost same as car) to let me keep the header pipes out of the dirt.

Trees

·
Registered
1 Posts
trees said:
Deon, the 41 thru 48 frame is about 2.5" wider than the 35-40 frame and the side rails and X members are deeper and beefier. The overall length is several more inches as well, but I can not remember the exact number. I do not have any experience with long headers on a big block in the 41, but I know the stock X member will certainly be in the way and you will have to go under it unless you modify the X member. I have seen a bridge built in the X member to help in this area. In fact I built one on each side of my 36 PU (almost same as car) to let me keep the header pipes out of the dirt.

Trees
Agree :thumbup:
I got ford hedman headers... it fits well on my ford. Really nice looking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.