Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a hard time understanding the assembly of the runningboards on my 41 ford woodie wagon. Does anyone know where I can get a diagram of how it mounts to the frame? Midway on the runningboard there is a steel support that is part of the frame and sandwiched between that support and the runningboard is a steel bracket with 4 holes in it, and I assume that there is some kind of rubber that keeeps the metal seperated, but I can not for the life of me see how that assembly is suposed to go. Can someone please help me.

·
boatbob2
1,385 Posts
running boards

hi,i have a 1948 ford coupe. the chassis from 40 thru 48 are all the same (according to my book) i have a problem also. where the running board bracket goes from the chassis to support the board,theres a box about 1 1/4 x 3 1/2,that the bottom of the board is fastened to. my box is rotted out. im going to be replacing it (box) this week,on the bottom of the board there are about 5 bolts,thru board into this box. when i tried to remove bolts,the nut inside box stripped. i will get back to you later on this week and let you know my final solution. (i dont know it yet) im [email protected],,,i can send you a copy of the chassis picture if you can use it.(by email) send me your email address...but,it really doesnt show the running boards..

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
My buddy just took the r.b's off a 42, he had to cut the bolts with an air cutter, said it was a bi***. I'll see if i can get more details. Dan

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
The 41 Ford is actually a one-year vehicle, neither a 40 nor a 42-48.
It is chassis wise more similar to a 42-48 but the runningboards on 41s are exposed rather than covered by the door bulges as are the 42-48s.

On page 146 of the "Green Bible" there is an illustration of both the 41 and 42-48 frames showing the runningboard braces on each. And, yes, there is a rubber or fiber pad between the runningboard and the bracket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.