Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats a GOOD STRONG BUCKET SEAT PACKAGE for a 41 Willy's? Is ther a sturty Bone Yard seat or Do the standard new companys do the job with a GOOD after Market seat? :eek:

·
Registered
32 Posts
believe it or not..some of the best seats to work with,as far as widths,design & strength are the riceburner seats,like acura,toyota etc.cheap too!

·
Registered
99 Posts
These are Pro Kar Seat in this Willys. The customer got them I'm not sure where to buy them buy I could find out if someone would like me to do so.

·
8,453 Posts
The buckets in my '36 Willys coupe are from some Toyota or Nissan. Don't remember- got them in the early 70s. Whenever I need seats I just go to Pick-A-Part with my trusty tape measure and always find the perfect ones.

·
Rebuilt Excitment
595 Posts
I do the same as Willys, I like the Ford Tempo, Mercury Topaz seats, some are driver side electric and most have an electric lumbar support.

·
bentwings
2,589 Posts
rod seats

I got the seats for my 41 Willys from a 2003 Cavalier. They are like brand new and look like they were made for a Willys and Cavlier copied them. lol
My suggestion for the Willys is to look for a seat that folds flat forward so you can access the big area behind the seats. Good place to put groceries....if you have any $$$ left over after building a Willys.
Check out the bone yards. Some yard like to see you waste a whole day looking at old junk. You may have to ask for the good seats that are stored inside. Expect to pay about $300 for a pair. Maybe more for leather (why?) They know we are looking for seats and know they are expensive to have made.

bentwings

·
8,453 Posts
Re: rod seats

bentwings said:
....if you have any $$$ left over after building a Willys.
I know what you mean. I paid $75 for my '36 from the grandson of the original owner and my hemi cost $25. Of course, that was in 1965 and I was a sophomore in HS. That $100 about broke my bank account!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts