Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post and I'm hoping you guys can help me. I have a 84 Chevy K20 that I am in the process of building for street and stock pulling. I want the truck to appear as ''STOCK'' as possible. I just recently purchased a 427 tall deck short block that I plan to go through and freshen up. hat all can you guys tell me about the power and torque capabilities of a stock 427TD with some work? Later down the road I plan to stroke this motor to a 496. any advice for me will be appreciated. I would like to get as much torque and hp out of the 427 as possible staying with the stock rotating assembly for now.

thanks and I hope you guys can help this "new guy"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I suppose it depends on your definition of a mild build. this truck is mostly for street and just some stock pulling. I want to tune the current 427 any ideas on hp I should be able to get from it with a cam and lifters and roller rockers for now then later down the road build a mild 496 with roughly 600 hp

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.