Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I did take a very hard look at those tall deck 427 GM blocks.In fact Techinspector 1 told me about a build formula he has for them.I did alot of research on them for a race app only in my Malibu.What stop me from pursuing farther is the thought of investing money into for a "all the eggs in one basket" situation.All most every part only fits a tall deck and those are getting somewhat rare where guys think they have the crown jewels when selling one.The cross over parts are not there.Now I am the kind of guy that wants to build up to the c.i. engine I want and have crosses from a smaller engine I was running to the bigger engine that I built in a short block.That way I have a freshen up short block in a engine stand in the shop I could go to in mid season if needed.There is no way I was going to pay a king's ransom to do that with is more or less a one off build tall deck's 427 two short blocks.I'm in the vein of 454 short blocks with cross over parts from one to the other.And there is still a plenty of 454's out there reasonably priced.

So my advice is be very careful in your decision on a GM tall deck.From headers to valve train to rods,etc are only for another tall deck 427 and do overs are expensive if needed.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.