Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have tried search to find any members experience with a 429/460 Model A combo. It's 27 in. wide 34 long 30 high weighing 720.

Seeing a header tight fit on chevy 350 in a 30/31 frame I'm concerned my motor may be too much..

·
Troll Hunter
2,694 Posts
I have a 351C in a Deuce and run stock exhaust manifolds and under car exhausts. I think a 429/460 would be stuffing it to get the same hookup in a Deuce, no less a Model A. Sanderson makes some block hugger headers, you might check them out. It would probably be a fairly easy swap if you use outside the frame headers, which Sanderson also offers. I think they are called Limefire. But having said that, you can just about make anything fit, it all depends on what you want to modify and what you want to stay the same.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
problemoutside the frame....I have suicide doors on sedan...makes for a hot leg experience...has to be inside... therein my problem.

·
Banned
1,828 Posts
MustBnuts said:
problemoutside the frame....I have suicide doors on sedan...makes for a hot leg experience...has to be inside... therein my problem.
Oh I do'nt know i have a 34 with sprint car headers , with side pipes have never scorched my leg or pants, A corvette I had got me but not the HotRod, besides, two reasons for side pipes. 1 under the car tends to heat the interior (you probably know this), 2 they look way cool and are for the most part not so common ............."LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts