Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should i do i bought them for 40 bucks. They are i great shape all they need is some cleaning up. Have not found much info on them. Also should i junk them and buy new ones or have them reconditioned for $168 bronze guides three angle new springs and machined flat they would not shave say 30 off of it

·
Member# 3287
2,625 Posts
They are 76cc, good heavy casting, heads. Probably 1.94/1.5 valves. Some of the best heads of their day. If they are in good shape, $40 is a steal. If you want to junk them...send them to me.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
441 = 3932441....69-70...350..........76cc chambers

are they a good head ? depends on what your needs are, as there not a gm performace head like a double hump or a vortec, butt $168 is not a bad priced head to put on a mild sbc, so if it works for your motor needs do it.

Mustangsaly

·
Banned
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i am looking to build a mean t bucket on a bugget but am open to ideas and does and donts. i just dont know what to do about heads. I am looking at putting a 292 dur and .501 lift cam solid roller lifters and roller rockers up top but would i ever get those heads to work or should i buy better and if so what ones

·
Some Punk Kid
786 Posts
60 over is close to the limit. 40 is better. that way you can still re machine the block later. 30 over is correct for 383.
EDIT-Doing this only gives you a couple extra cubes. Not really worth it. Getting good flowing heads is what its about. Do a decent porting job on the 441s

·
Registered
131 Posts
F-BIRD is right with the stock factory open chamber flow numbers and horsepower on pump gas Ive recently looked into this quite a bit. To calculate the compression more details are needed. Here is another calculator that does the static and more importantly the dynamic compression altitude adjusted plus necessary octane http://www.hotroddersauctions.com/DynamicCompressionRatioCalculator.php I was also wondering about the pricing I have a set of 993s that need about the same reconditioning the valve guide replacement alone is over $120, A 3 angle valve job is $150, milling the heads was around $75 new valves and springs were like $130 then add in retainers if you are going to change them pinning or screw in studs then consider porting... machining prices in my area always seem expensive though You could go the 305 head route or look into the vortecs or find a deal on a set of iron eagle platinums depend on what you want to spend.

·
Banned
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yah i know i will sell the 441 and spend my money were it counts i am a person that normally says go big or go home so i spend the money on new heads
What are some decent aluminum heads i like trick flow i had them on my 302 ford and it ran like a champ
I want my t bucket to turn heads when i am 1/4 away from a get together its got to be mean i am buying forged everything roller lifters and rockers just need some ideas on the better parts for a decent price

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.