Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new to this forum. I’m looking for some help... got a 67 Camaro pro street and increase having a couple issues. Went to test drive it for the first time since buying it over the winter. Car was running decent filled up and drove around car died out would restart (think it was vapour lock) adjusted timing, adjusted valves, checked fuel pressure. Car was idling good but way too high, 1500rpms once clicked into 1st dropped to 1000. Tried adjusting idle to go lower once in gear car would just die out. Left idle at 1500. Let it cool off now it won’t start back up. It cranks over then starts but immediately shuts off. Tried adjust carb but I’m not too sure if I did it right.
Motor is 454 BBC bored out to 496,
Holley dominator 4500 (8896-2)
Msd distributor
Msd 7al box
Fuel pressure is about 6-6.5
Anything helps thanks a lot !

·
Registered
14,195 Posts
A high idle you can't control can be several things, but starting simple, slow, and cheap would be to put a vacuum gauge on there to see if the manifold vacuum shows air leakage.

Bogie

·
True Hotrodder
1,663 Posts
^^^^^ This and if you're brave a can of carb cleaner might tell you exactly were the leak is occurring.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice guys. Car wouldn’t stay running because ignition coil decided to take a crap.... replaced and fired up, added a small carn spacer and it’s idiling perfect now.
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts