Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting a bbc in a 73 bug. Long process. What cam would you guys recommend?. This is my first rod build. The 454 is from a 73 c20. It will be a complete rebuild. Not wanting anything radical. A slight rough idle. Just so you can hear it. Its not going to be driven hard ..
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ended up using only the front part of the S10 frame. Where it goes out and then back in was too wide to fit the Volkswagen body on. Not working on it too much these days. We had lots of rain where I live in Washington. Ended up flooding our house. The flooding also covered the motor of the bug. So the heads were removed oil and everything was drained out. Refilled it with oil. Got flooded a week later again. This time I drained it. Filled it with diesel. And go out every couple days to turn it over a couple of times. This is definitely not a hot rod being built fast

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe weird. Was going to use the stock heads and quadrajet carb. Don't have room for headers. The stock exhaust manifolds will just clear everything.. It's a low budget machine..

·
Registered
565 Posts
which stock heads? Use a hydraulic roller cam with peak power at 48-5k. Will be a tire destroyer in the 350 hp range with 460 pounds+

1 - 7 of 7 Posts