Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helping a firend with his Henry J. It is a street/Drag car. Mild 454 Th400 3.55:1 gears. While running some numbers in Drag Racing Analyzer v3.2 I found an example torque convertor from a 94 Chevy Lumnina. Will this TQ bolt up to the 454 and TH400? I'v included the specs below. If it will mount up the program says the stall would be at 4550 rpm.

Lock-Up, 10.20 Inch Overall Diameter; 9.375 Inch Bolt Pattern; 3 Pad Mount With 10-1.5 Thread; Bushing Hub, .824 Inch Pilot Diameter; 27 Spline; 2300-2900 Stall

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Will it hold Big Block Torque?
I am pretty sure they use those because of the smaller case, but usually a good torque converter will have a billet front though.
Keep in mind, I'm just a mere child when it comes to this stuff, and am interested to see what the more experienced farts have to say on this!

·
More for Less Racer
20,932 Posts
'94 Lumina is front wheel drive transaxle, I would not expect it to fit the rear drive trans? Converter specs given also say nothng about stator spline either
It was also just a 150 or so HP V6 in the standard Lumina...the "performance " Z34 Lumina was just 180 HP IIRC, my brother had one.

If it was a simple swap, there would be info out there about it....just like the Vega converter or S-10 converters swapped behind V8's.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
'94 Lumina is front wheel drive transaxle, I would not expect it to fit the rear drive trans? Converter specs given also say nothng about stator spline either
It was also just a 150 or so HP V6 in the standard Lumina...the "performance " Z34 Lumina was just 180 HP IIRC, my brother had one.

If it was a simple swap, there would be info out there about it....just like the Vega converter or S-10 converters swapped behind V8's.
exactly.
Remember the Opel GT converter was the hot ticket for a minute too.
Jeez, a Freak Show converter for a 3spd automatic is 350 bucks...buy one

·
Registered
65 Posts
As I said. It will not fit.
You did not. Not originally. Crosley did. What you said was "How will you control lock up?". If you knew the answer you could have simply replied "No it will not fit" at that point.... and OP never replied after Crosley answered. It was only when AutoGear got snide (which I think he did too), OP had a right to reply to that. People come on here to learn information. I know I do. I also share where I can. Attitudes and Know-It-All-ness are not necessary. Before bothering to reply...don't care

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.