Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats up my name is jess and i have decided to build up my 83 1/2 ton chevy it had a 350 but i ripped it out and have rebuilt it for my camaro. i am really wanting to put a big block in my truck and i have a big bore 396 but i dont really know to much history and specs on that engine. i have built plenty of 454's and i was hoping for some helpful suggestions on what i should use. help me out and give some opinions. thanks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
396"

I would find a reasonable priced 454" unless you don't need to rebuild the 396", but only overhaul it.. as the extra 58 cubic inches in a 454" is cheap horsepower and torque compared to a 396...454" is not hard to find !!

·
Lost in the 60's
15,292 Posts
Welcome to Hotrodders. This is the Introduction forum so it would be best if you posted your engine questions in the...Engine forum. That way the engine experts will see it and you can get your answers. Thanks. :welcome:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.