Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help. I run a street rod shop that sells new parts and consignment parts in Mass. I had someone bring in a ton of brand new 454 engine parts. He used to convert these engines to natural gas so he took off a lot of the stuff so it's all brand new. I am not a bbc guy, and would like to double check the part numbers to make sure they are what he says they are. Where do I go? I've looked around on the net but have yet to find anything useful. These are from 80 and up 454's. The parts i have are heads,pistons,harmonic balancers, flywheels, lifters. I can't find anyplace that lists these? Suggestions?
Thanks in advance, Keith

·
Registered
137 Posts
KEITH I HAVE A BOOK THAT TELLS ME YEARS AND WHAT ENGINE THEY FIT GIVE ME PART NUMBERS I'LL LOOK THEM UP FOR YOU

BOMO

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!
Heads are 14097088
Pistons are 14097021
8" harmonic balancer 3963532
Flywheel 3973457N
Lifters 5232720

Thanks in advance,
Keith Boisvert
Outlaw Motorsports

·
Registered
137 Posts
keith

looking in my casting number books i find that all 454 engine cyl. heads have a number like 330864 thats 1970-1981 336765 is 73-84 truck heads 14092360 is 454 only 85-88 truck i'm not sure where your getting the numbers your useing or if they are casting numbers. lifters wouldn't have casting numbers

·
Registered
28 Posts
Engine Id

Hey keith,I just joined this site and read your thread on the 454. I have a 454 in front of me and it also has the same piston pn's and the same head casting pn.. This engine is a gen5 454 marine ret. headed 4bolt one piece rear seal @8.75:1 comp.. I got mine from my employer a few years ago. We use to build this and the 502, but now the 8.1L. I work @ Pleasurecraft Engine Group. Hope this is of some help. Harmon

·
Registered
1 Posts
Keith Boisvert said:
I need help. I run a street rod shop that sells new parts and consignment parts in Mass. I had someone bring in a ton of brand new 454 engine parts. He used to convert these engines to natural gas so he took off a lot of the stuff so it's all brand new. I am not a bbc guy, and would like to double check the part numbers to make sure they are what he says they are. Where do I go? I've looked around on the net but have yet to find anything useful. These are from 80 and up 454's. The parts i have are heads,pistons,harmonic balancers, flywheels, lifters. I can't find anyplace that lists these? Suggestions?
Thanks in advance, Keith
Would you be interested in selling a set of your pistons and heads to me have you any oversize and have they got rings.
I am a marine engineer in th uk.
Many thanks Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts