Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For You Guys Thats Building Race Engines. I Have A 68 Bird That Im Building. I Want A Good 7 Second 1/8 Mile Car On Motor. Maybe High 6 On Nitro. I Cant Find A Good Pontiac 400 Or 455 Even Though I Would Love To Keep It All Pontiac But I Have 3 454 Motors Rusting Away. Want I Want To Know Is Would It Hit Me Hard In The Pocket To Get The Motor There. I Have A Set Of 6.385 Rods New H Beam That I Wanted To Use On A Stroker And A New Set Of Aluminum Heads Edelbro Rectangular Ports. Can I Use These Items As Well. I Was Told That It Doesnt Take A Lot To Get A 454 Based Motor To Run A 7 Sec 1/8 Mile Car.

·
turbo lag......yeeeeehaaaaaaw
682 Posts
Ive always been told for a 1/8 mile car most of you work should be put into the suspension. those heads will work well. There was a thread not to long ago that made 550-600hp on a 496 on pump gas. I cant seem to find it right now but I remeber firestone posted it and maybe he will chime in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.