Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 79 T/A with a 72 olds 455 in it, but the person i bought it from forgot to put antifreeze in it over the winter and the block cracked. :( so I found and bought a 70 buick 455 for 300.00 and was wondering it the motor mounts will match, and if any one else has put a buick 455 in a firebird and if it is a good motor, thanks :thumbup:

·
Registered
724 Posts
Nope the engine mounts are different you will probably need to do some fabrication because 2nd gen firebirds never had a buick engine in them. If the engine isn't complete you will need accessory brackets for the buick engine too. It will mate fine with you tranny however.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think that if you go to your local auto parts store and check, you will find that the mounts for the olds and the Buick have the same part number.
I have a 455 Buick motor. It came from the factory rated at 370 horsepower and 510Ft/Lbs of torque. A 455 in a Skylark with headers and decent tires will run well into the 12's...
I would suggest that you find an aluminum intake for it as it will take 75 pounds off of the front of your car. I saw an Edelbrock B4B on Ebay a week or so ago for $50...

·
im on a highway to hell
688 Posts
i have a 72 455 buick under the bench i dont know for sure but the fact that they are the same does sound familiar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts