Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am kinda new to engine building and i just picked up a 455 that i want to rebuild and i have the cam and the heads that came with it but i was talking to a coworker and he said that i wouldnt be able to run the stock heads because the cam was way to radical. it is a 262 duration with .560 intake and .520 exaust(or somewhere close to that) the heads that i have are the Ga cast. and i am running an edelbrock torker intake. is this an alright combo or do i need to get the heads machined or just get new ones. sorry for the long post.

mike

·
Registered
453 Posts
455c-10 what kind of 455 is it? Pontiac, Olds or Buick?If it's a Pontiac the casting numbers are on the center ports of the heads. If you can get back to me with this info and we can go from there.

·
Registered
977 Posts
As with any after market high lift cam you will need to have the correct springs for the cam. You should use after market retainer rather the stock valve rotators. Check for retainer to guide clearence and coil bind.
Anytime you go with aftermarket cam in a Olds you might need to convert to an adjustable valve train.

·
Registered
453 Posts
You may want to get in contact with Joe Mondello. He has been building Olds engines for about 40 years and he can tell you exactly what you need as far as cams and what will work with your heads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts