Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 455 olds. I just opened the motor to find it needs an overhaul. What is the max I should bore and what are the best performance upgrades for this. What, with good rod bolts, is the most I should spin this motor. I need the most rpm I can get.

[ October 07, 2001: Message edited by: jjjjrau ]

[ March 24, 2002: Message edited by: jjjjrau ]</p>

·
Registered
4 Posts
Edelbrock has a nice performer rpm package for the olds 455, with an option for aluminum heads.
I would go .60 overbore.

·
Registered
49 Posts
my father rigged up a 455 for his 68 Cuttlass with all edelbroch parts. If I remember correctly he has done all but the heads, which are still factory.

Intake manifold was a torker 2 and he got the Performer RPM kit with carb (750 cfm?) cam and lifters an a few other things like high flow pumps, etc. and a good exhaust. It runs real well (or rather, ran.. before he hooked up the juice and warped some of the parts :p ) and he was running high 12s at the track when he took it. Add some aluminum heads and that should kick it up nicely.

It was just a street car, but he decided he wanted to give it some juice without upgrading the pistons, etc and melted it :D OOPS! back to the shop it went, and there it sits until his new house is finished being built.

I am considering buying his "spare" and building it up for my Omega, but it seems like the parts quite expensive compared to a 350 Rocket so I may just try to find one of them to fix up.

Please let me know how it turns out.

EDIT -- LOL. Just looked at the date of the original post.. something tells me the guy isn't checking this thread much anymore ;)

[ August 24, 2002: Message edited by: Miststlkr ]</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts