Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....looking for any feedback on the repro chrome bumpers out there for the 47-53 Chevy trucks front and rear. Are they anywhere the thickness of originals and what is the chrome quality like ? I am many hundreds of miles from the nearest dealer to see for myself and don't want to get sales talked into a poor quality bumper. I'm more concerned about the chrome finish than the weight of the bumpers and hoping it may be near show quality chrome. I see them on ebay around a hundred bucks and you can't get an original one rechromed anywheres near that. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Yep LMC Truck, Chevy Duty, and Brothers all have excellent quality repros. I have one on the front of mine and I love it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
......Thankyou for the reply guys. Just learned something from looking at LMC's site I see that there are 2 bumpers offered, one @ $100 and the other @ $150, so there is a quality difference out there in the market. Thanks again.

·
Analog man in a digital world.
2,252 Posts
Centerline said:

Wow!!! Talk about your flashbacks! Back when I was in HS in the early 70's the guy I eventually bought my GTO from had a '49 painted Competition Orange with a dual quad 283, 4 speed and 4.88's running chrome reverses, little tiny ones up front and 10" slicks on the back. Don't know how fast it was but it could do a hellacious bleach burnout through the 4 way stop in the center of town. Nice! :thumbup: :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.