Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to Street Rodding and traded for a 47 Chevy...It has the original front end and I need some help on it. I'm on a very tight budget and want to know what can be done to the stock front end to get rid of the floating bounce I get when I hit bumps. Is there anyway to add shocks to the front end? I was told it had a hydraulic system..can it be rebuilt or are there parts out there to replace any of this....I know I could change out the front end and probably will in the future, but wanted to do something now less expensive so I can enjoy the car now....Any help?

·
Registered
94 Posts
47 front \end

I getting old, don't remember what you have, but I had a 40 chevy with what I heard was a knee actin shock. It had plugs in the main part to add hyd. fluild to improve the ride. I never messed with them tho, I welded a mustany 2 front end under it. changed to chevy rotors and made caliper brackets, had to get new beariing to fit spindles and rotors and seals. GL:welcome:

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
knee action

We have a 36 pontiac in the shop that has knee action, plus a spare. it has a curved tube axle then the big knee at the end that turns everything, the wheel and brakes at at the end of 2 links. so there is less unsprung weight, for a better ride when working correctly , but usually needs the spring-shock rebuilt every 30 K miles when they were driven on rough roads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.