Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I jus bought a 48.ford coupe....I want to upgrade the suspension so it will hold up to efi 5.0 but dnt know what I should do ...someone told me I could use a foxbody suspension but im not sure...any help would b apperciated

·
Registered
9,050 Posts
I have owned several of these coupes. Much can be done with the stock front suspension. But for a good ride and better road handling go with a Must ll type front end. The crossmembers and brakes can be had from http://www.chassisengineeringinc.com/ Speedwaymotors.com or Fatman fab and several ohers.

Then comes the rear end/rear suspension issues. By the time you are finished you will be well versed in early Fords.. and broke!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
48 coupe

So do.u think the orginal crossmember will hold up and I can jus upgrade everything else with the orginal crossmemeber

·
boatbob2
1,385 Posts
48 ford coupe

Hi,i have a 48 ford coupe also,i put in a FATMANS IFS,great,PAY ATTENTION to the directions.IF youre using an automatic,the center crossmember will need to be widened,so that if you ever have to rebuild the trans,you wont have to pull the engine,,(I had to modify mine,(widen the center) that hat section on top of the crossmember wont work (too narrow) I had to make a new top section,I hope you are pulling the body off the chassis,it is LOT easier to work on... :sweat:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts