Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy I'm new to this forum and would like to address the gentleman with the '40 Buick Roadmasterwho wanted to know whether to "rod or restore".I am currently running a '48 "Roadie" that has been updated as follows: 401" nailhead w/turbo 400 trannie, Nova subframe, tilt wheel, disc brakes and a few other goodies. I absolutely love the way this car drives and handles. The biggest prob. with the driveline conversion is changing the rearend, as the original is torquetube or closed driveshaft. I used a '76 Skylark[same as Nova] and the leaf springs. Worked well. My current project, a '40 Super convert., I am using the Buick coils with a Transam housing and a 4-bar setup with a panhard bar. Up front, I am using a straight 8 mated to a 700R-4 trannie. I used an adapter from "Bendsten's". Kinda pricey but a beautifully machined piece that works well. Good luck with yours. If I can help further,give me a buzz.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
:welcome:

WELCOME to Hotrodders.com :welcome:

It is the common spirit of sharing our mechanical joys, experiences and YES ... even the sorrows that help make this place what it is ... THANKS for you post

Again WELCOME

Deuce Moderator

1 - 2 of 2 Posts