Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
tsmall114 said:
vary dumb question and that is i have a .650/.650 lift and 272 dur @50 will this cam jus be a rough idle or more of a really radical idle?
That Camshaft is going to lobe like no other !!!! your Dur. is hight that you need to run a 3500 on the stall, Hope your running a good tranny

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tranny is a muncie mss 4 speed. is there any tips you guys can give me on things i can do to help prevent failure of the solid rollers on the street since its a street strip? and what do you think of isky redzones or is there something else better?

·
Registered
12 Posts
tsmall114 said:
tranny is a muncie mss 4 speed. is there any tips you guys can give me on things i can do to help prevent failure of the solid rollers on the street since its a street strip? and what do you think of isky redzones or is there something else better?
Oh yeah your running the good tranny what muncie is it? m21 or m22

·
Registered
17,613 Posts
tsmall114 said:
vary dumb question and that is i have a .650/.650 lift and 272 dur @50 will this cam jus be a rough idle or more of a really radical idle?
Should rock the vehicle side to side. I assume you know you'll need minimum 11.5:1 static compression ratio, 4.30-4.50 gears and a minimum 4000 stall converter.

·
Registered
12 Posts
techinspector1 said:
Should rock the vehicle side to side. I assume you know you'll need minimum 11.5:1 static compression ratio, 4.30-4.50 gears and a minimum 4000 stall converter.
Not all the time, its what size of tires your going with to that matters to.

my 1980 El Camino SS has 4.56 gears/spool 30.6x13.5 hooisers, my engine is a Crate 454 Ho redline is 5500rpms compression is 8.75:1 and my stall is 2800-3000

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'm thinking the Muncie doesn't need a high stall converter! :D Seriously now that camshaft is probably why AFR told you you needed those cnc ported 325 cc rectangle port. You better not scare easy!

I would Re-asess what you want this car to do!
Do you want to be able to drive it on the street?
Do you want to be able to drive it on the street daily?
Do you want it to be fun to drive on the street?
My buddy had his LS6 M22 4.56 71 Nova get away from him and rolled it just before he put a telephone pole into the drivers door past the trany tunnel. Luckey he rolled it! :spank:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.