TORQUE CONVERTER IS SLIPPING ON
TAKE OFF FROM A STAND STILL, THEN
EVERYTHING SEEMS FINE. THE TRANSMISSION FLUID IS FINE, AND THE
FILTER IS FINE. SO WHAT AM I LOOKING
AT HERE GUYS.

·
Administrator
10,122 Posts
light duty 3/4 ton Gm trucks did use the 4L60E in those years. The 4L60E came out in the trucks in 1993

The converter slipping from a take off does not sound correct. I imagine there is something else happening/ wrong in the tranny

·
Registered
290 Posts
Transmissions

Before I spent $2,000 for a rebuild I would check with the local GM dealer and see what a SRTA transmission will cost. They come with a 3 year/50,000 mile warranty. We had one put in our 96 Tahoe for $2,180 installed. Now if it fails under warranty it can be fixed by any GM dealer and most provide a "loaner vehicle" while it's down.

·
Registered
576 Posts
4l60e

I have yet to see 2500 c/k truck in 94 to have anything but 4l80e in my part of the country. But I guess it could be different in another part. Sounds like forward is gone, my x ray vision is fussy this morning.
as far as stra transmission's I have installed them at customer request and I think they aren't built any better than mine and don't work as well.I can stand behind mine as long and will for those willing to pay the cost....when you install a transmission you need to check things most normal shop(trans re-builder) should be aware of ... not only that shifts occur but shifts are correct and there is no slips(flare) when shifting

·
Administrator
10,122 Posts
Re: 4l60e

======== made little sense to me for a 4L60E in a 3/4 ton truck. The light duty had 6 lug wheels as I recall.

A close friend had a 3/4 ton xtra cab truck with a 4L60E in it and I was quite surprised to see it. It had a vette servo in it from the factory. Still shifted mild on the 1-2. He bought the 3/4 ton after his 1/2 ton was chewing up the tranny... he was not amused after I looked at the new truck.

I built the tranny in the 3/4 ton too. He pulled too big of an enclosed car trailer. He has a Ford SD now

EDIT: I meant to comment of the factory reman'd units. Yes they have a good warranty. I have seen many units ( all 3 names.. GM , Ford, Mopar) that were built to minimum standards.

I got into an arguement with a guy about a 4L60E tranny that was installed under an extended warranty in his truck. He told me the tranny was "new", not a reman. I knew better, we had words over the subject.

:D

airworld2 said:
I have yet to see 2500 c/k truck in 94 to have anything but 4l80e in my part of the country. But I guess it could be different in another part. Sounds like forward is gone, my x ray vision is fussy this morning.
as far as stra transmission's I have installed them at customer request and I think they aren't built any better than mine and don't work as well.I can stand behind mine as long and will for those willing to pay the cost....when you install a transmission you need to check things most normal shop(trans re-builder) should be aware of ... not only that shifts occur but shifts are correct and there is no slips(flare) when shifting

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.