Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 4L60(not electronic) out of a 93 Vette that I want to put into my 34 Ford (behind an LT1). It has the torque arm mount that the Vette uses which is useless to me.
Anybody tell me what other tailshaft housing I can use with standard gearbox type mount?
These boxes are about 3/4 inch shorter than other 4L60/R4's I've seen

·
Registered
379 Posts
the corvette 700r4 or 4L60 does`nt matter which! is the only version that has a shorter tailhousing. all others (truck/vans/cars)are longer and the output shaft is longer! you cannot swap tailhousings without swaping the output shaft at the same time! just install the one you have and omit the bracket and the tork arm. :thumbup:

·
Administrator
9,831 Posts
the deal with the vette tranny case is there is NO place to bolt a mount on to it like the other cases.

the large cars like Impala & buicks used a tail housing with a spot to bolt on a mount if that is what you are after.

The vette out put shaft is long enough to use

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for info
are the internals the same as other versions except for output shaft length?

·
Administrator
9,831 Posts
here is photo of a vatte tranny with a tail housing on it with a spot for the mount to bolt on.

The basic hard parts of the 700 tranny from a vette to a non vette are basically the same. there are differences in servos, boost valves , v-body calibrations.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts