Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I have a 4l60e out of a 94 s10 blazer that i want to use along with the freshly rebuilt 4.3 vortech i have. The problem is its currently hooked to a transfer case I was wondering how hard it is to change the tail shaft so i can install it in my 46 chevy pickup. Or would it just be easier to get a different tranny (one thats already 2wd) the tranny shops all want around $400 any help would sure be appriciated has anyone done this (I know theres a few of you that have)
Thanks

·
Registered
576 Posts
4l60e

to change out put shaft is easy and normal charge at my shop is about 150 bucks. 4x4 shaft would cost extra 50 buck's but since you would need a 2 wheel shaft most shop have a few extra laying around, but if not would be 25 bucks extra.

it should take about an hour or less to change the shaft either way for someone that is doing this every day. now keep in mind the condition of the transmission would remain the same good , bad ,or other wise. unless you do go the extra step to replace clutch plates and band seals rubbers that do go into a full rebuild.........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts