Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1993 s10 blazer with a 4.3 vortec and a 4l60e transmission. It always takes off in second gear at takeoff but upshifts and downshifts fine after that. I believe 2 3 and 4 gears are fine but i might just be feeling lock up in place of 4th.If the odometer is correct then the truck has 218,000. I bought a scanner and its showing a code 82, QDM solenoid A monitered voltage differs from commanded, or Ignition system fault-3X signal Problem. I bought but havent installed a Transgo 4l60e-HD2 shift kit and two new solenoids. I need the truck before winter hits and ive read that its not good to drive it in this condition. Will the parts ive bought fix it or is the transmission severely internally damaged? Also I wanted to add that it takes off in second even if the shift lever is in the D1 position. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
636 Posts
code 82 comes back as 1-2 shift solenoid here. could be the solenoid is bad or wiring problem or pcm problem. According to mitchell on demand the schematic shows pin (A)(LT GRN) of the transmission connector to be the trigger (turns the ground off and on) for that solenoid, and shows pin (E)(Pink) to be the (hot +DCV with ignition on).....With key on engine off pin (E) (PINK) of the trans connector should have voltage present ...If it does not check the fuses.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
O.k. ill pull out my multimeter and check for power and let u know asap. BTW i just wanted to add that the ecm is good ive swaped it before just to give it a try and nothing changed. Ive also changed the trans filter, which would have been a good time to just change the solenoids.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i had a weird fault on our 96 silverado but as well as no first it had no overdrive, no speedo, no gear shift indicator. It turned out to be a faulty section of loom.
the ignition switch was the fault, the section of loom that goes from the ignition to a multi plug under the dash.

The reason i mention it was because i was getting the same codes as you but it wasnt the shift solenoids but incorrect voltage to them.
mark

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the help. I have another steering colum and mines a little wobbley so ill swap it. Also the previous owner informed me that this vehicle was stolen from him at one time so under the dash the wires are a little wild and for some reason something keeps killing the battery within a day but the battery and alternator are good. Seems as though im going to have to do a lot more investagating with this vehicle. I really appreciate the help though, every segestion makes a world of a difference.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
4l60e no first or forth

Well guys i ripped my tranny apart today. I tested shift solenoid A and found that it didnt click and put out about 0 ohms so i replaced them both(even though B was good) and decided since that had to be the problem that i would install my Transgo-HD2 kit. After toping it off with fluid I took it for a drive. It shifted through all the gears normally but didnt have the firmness of shift that i wanted. Did i drill somthin to large or not large enough? It almost seems weaker than my 1994 chevy s10 blazer and that one is completely original.Thanks for all the help you gave me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.