Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is from a 94 suburban with 160,700mi on it. It quit working and finally decided to take it apart and look inside. I've never done tried anything like this before and it's been a real good learning experience. I bought the 4l60e rebuild dvd and that's what I used to help me with the disassembly. Still learning the decription of the parts.

Here are some pics of the damaged parts.....

Attachments

·
Registered
685 Posts
4L60E pics

Hopefully your dvd will show you how to check the clearance in your trans.

Looking at the damage to the bearing [on top of input drum] clearance may have been an issue.

Are you starting to put it back together yet?

Please keep us informed about your progess.

·
Registered
576 Posts
4l60e

What I see is typical stator bearing failure, the needle bearing after failure will cause reverse input plates to stay applied all the time and the clutch lining shell's off steels plates and trash drum, input drum should be replaced along with stator shaft. look at the end of pump shaft (stator) and you will see damage too. end play isn't the cause of this failure, bad bearing is!!!! I see this all the time from 1993 units to 2004 thank god too......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.