Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1996 Chevy S-10 with a 4L60E transmission, can anyone tell me what wires go to the neutral safety switch? I would like to jump out the switch. I had the transmission replaced a week ago & today the truck will not start. Everything electrical works (headlights, horn, radio etc.) & a battery jump did not help. Any other suggestions would be appreciated . When I turn the key there is no click or any noise. thanks bill [email protected]

·
Registered
15,332 Posts
carnutbill said:
I have a 1996 Chevy S-10 with a 4L60E transmission, can anyone tell me what wires go to the neutral safety switch? I would like to jump out the switch. I had the transmission replaced a week ago & today the truck will not start. Everything electrical works (headlights, horn, radio etc.) & a battery jump did not help. Any other suggestions would be appreciated . When I turn the key there is no click or any noise. thanks bill [email protected]
Most likely it's an adjustment problem with the switch position. Which is to say they didn't get the switch or the external shift mechanism adjusted properly. This thing is really sensitive to position/alignment, I'd take it back and have them set it up properly.

Bogie

·
Banned
1,971 Posts
if you hold the switch in crank position and run the shifter up and down will it do anything ever at all ?

if not then id vote for it not being safety neutral switch issue unless its unplugged somehow ?

solenoid or wire issue most likely or wires pinched possibly yeah

check starter wires closely

safety switch is either on shifter assembly or on the column, if its column shifter equipped

good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.