Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Old(s) Fart
6,016 Posts
dartgt4speed said:
need some help please .... will i need to get the lockup kit for convertor? will the splines be the same for the drivshaft?
Your first problem is that the 4L60E is a fully electronic and requires a computer to control it. Lockup control is the least of your problems.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
700r4

i have a 1995 jimmy with a 4.3 vortec motor with a 4L60E that is no good i want to install a 700r4 i need to know does it need to be from a V6 or will one from a V8 work i need to get away from the electronics

·
Old(s) Fart
6,016 Posts
dartgt4speed said:
i have a 1995 jimmy with a 4.3 vortec motor with a 4L60E that is no good i want to install a 700r4 i need to know does it need to be from a V6 or will one from a V8 work i need to get away from the electronics
The 4.3 engine uses the Chevy V8 bolt pattern. Other V6 motors use the GM metric bolt pattern. Unfortunately, the EFI on your truck uses sensors in the trans. Replacing the 4L60E with a 700R4 will be more trouble and expense than just getting the correct replacement trans.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
trans

i have all ready rip out the fuel injection and put in a carb a long time ago so there are no sensor other then water temp so this is why i need a non electric trans putting the same back in will only have same problem i had all ready

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
5,984 Posts
dartgt4speed said:
need some help please .... will i need to get the lockup kit for convertor? will the splines be the same for the drivshaft?

Answers are yes you will need a lockup kit and yes it will be a direct bolt in including driveshaft yoke.

That is if it is a 4.3 V-6.

You will also need a TV cable form the carb.

·
Administrator
10,122 Posts
Since you have gutted out the electronics , I would think the original speed-O does not function well or is very accurate.

:cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
trans speedo

well the speedo worked fine after i took out the fuel injection the problem i had was in traffic it didnt want to shift .... but if you put your foot to the floor and hold it would shift just fine... the trans finally died with 200,777 miels on it the other thing it did when i got rid of fuel injection was now able to break 100 mph

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.