Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
I have a 2006 cop car Crown Vic, with 92k miles. I suddenly lost all but first and reverse while driving.
A little back ground. This happened about 4 years ago. I was going to just junk the car, but ended up parking it for the engine to use in a Mustang project that never happened. I pulled the car out of the weeds today, removed a very larger rat's nest off the top of the engine and it fired right up. After all these years of sitting, even with the 4 year old gas, it still runs great. I just can't get myself to scrap it.

I'm hoping some of you transmission wizards can help me fix the problem. I'm hoping it's a solenoid, or something easy like that. I don't really want to pull the trany, but if I can fix it by just removing the pan, I'm willing to do that.
For what it's worth, I drove the car around the block a couple years ago and noticed it did shift into 2nd. Didn't run it long enough to see if it shifted through all gears.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
True Hotrodder
1,955 Posts
Cost wise, try a fresh fluid and filter change on the trans. Could be that just sitting has got a valve, solenoid stuck from fluid varnish. Fresh fluid and the detergent in it might just knock it loose. Please understand that just dropping the pan fluid and filter is not a "complete" trans fluid change but it might be enough to help you out.

And with all of that debris, you might want to recheck and make sure critters didn't chew into something important - they tend to like rubber for some reason.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.