Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
"Don't need no V/8"-grandpaw
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a set of factory shorty header given to me.LOOKS LIKE THEY WILL ALLOW MORE ROOM TO CLEAR my new r/p.Any one have any idea how much they will boost power? :drool: Motor is 69 351w 4v stock as a stove.

·
"Don't need no V/8"-grandpaw
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
update on r/p

weather poor,drove home from having radiator shroud built.Drives like a late model used car :thumbup: .Have to watch my speed now.Feels good enought to take car to winter drags in feb. ,got to see what it will turn.low15teens mabey.Only issues are small loss of turning radius and ex. interference. :mwink:

·
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.
5,122 Posts
grandpaws 57 said:
Got a set of factory shorty header given to me.LOOKS LIKE THEY WILL ALLOW MORE ROOM TO CLEAR my new r/p.Any one have any idea how much they will boost power? :drool: Motor is 69 351w 4v stock as a stove.

Cast iron log manifolds are pretty restrictive. The factory 5.0 stainless shorties will help about 8. All Ws have pretty restrictive heads so your power will be 2500-4500 rpm, especially with a stock cam. A Comp Cams XE252h wakes it up a lot and should work well with your AOD.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.