Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to get my 83 TBird ready for track duty. I've the rearend mostly figures out. I have an 8.8, moser race series non c-clip axles (5-lug) I'm wondering what drums I need for the rear, also what's needed for to convert the front?

Next, I've read somewhere that a manual steering rack from a 74 pinto will bolt in and work, just wondering if anyone could confirm or deny that. Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
5 lugs

a lot of 5, 0 mustangs have shared parts with T bird, On Mustangs later spindles and then the lincoln town car 5 lug rotors and calipers, rear drums depends on shoe size. ranger 5 lug axles fit , ranger drums might fit, Town car rear discs are a bolt on. Ford used the lincoln parts for the 84 SVO turbo, and later 5 lug cars, Big bumper pinto;s shared Mustang II parts. On Fox Mustangs some guys slot the suspension cradlel to move the wheels foreward and slot the engine mount holes back and push the engine against the firewall. On the steering rack I think you have to slot ONE hole

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.