Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think putting a 50hp shot of nitrous on an internally stock 302 with a mild cam, high rise intake, 600cfm carb, and long tube headers with flowmasters be a wise choice? I've read that wet kits do much less damage than dry kits so I'm thinking about doing that. But I've still never done any nitrous work before. Do you think this would be a wise choice, or do you think it'll just blow up my engine too fast?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I myself, personally like the idea of building a killer engine then just giving it some juice. I rather have the power there all the time then for a few choice seconds, but thats just my opinion, and you all know about opinions.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Fifty horse would be no prob, but who makes a 50 horse setup? Dry systems are for EFI vehicles only, they have electronics to fool the computer into fireing the injectors longer... 125 horse is the max I ever tried on a stock 302, I always ran the gas jet rich, helps it run cooler... Somebody TOLD me, I HAVE NOT tried it or anything that a 400 horse sys can be done with water injection... I wouldnt go for anything like that, Nitrous really needs a cam that favors the exhaust otherwise anything over 150 hp is pointless, and is just going to generate INSANE cylender pressures... serious overheating problem at the very best... If you have a stock engine, it would be advisable to take out a little more timing than is useually recommended, thatl help... building a motor that adds 300 horse at the touch of a button is cool, and boy is it one heck of a ride! Im starting to expiriment with a turbo system as a replacement for the nitrous, though... 300 horse eats up more than half the bottle on the 1320...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts