Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looking for s10 frame to go under my car. i have 50 chevy coupe deluxe 2 door. frame rotted out. i ran across a 52 chevy 2 door frame. wondering if this frame will work for my car. if so it would help me big time since im new to the whole restoration thing.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
same as

49 to 54 are the same frames. the brakes changed sometimes during the run. most people put in a bolt in Mustang II, but the T bucket guys like those spindles and you can buy a disc swap for those spindles.

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,464 Posts
Buy that frame and forget about the S-10, if you are new to this that S-10 would kick your ever loving butt. Not only that when you are done, what do you have? You want a 50 Chevy not an S-10! And did you know that your frame is basically the exact same frame and suspension a 53-62 Corvette has?

Brian

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok sounds good. yea i dont want to get in over my head and quit on this project. i have talked about doing it for few years with my wife, finally jumped and are going to do it. the internet and whatever help i can get will help me. i wanting to learn/teach myself and get me a rod. not a complete resto. something sweet to drive

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.