Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I AM MAKING A 39 FORD FROM COAST TO COAST
I LIKE TO PUT THIS 514 CU IN. MOTOR IN THIS CAR.... PART NUMBERS M-6007-B514 I NEED ANY HELP THAT ANYONE HAS TO OFFER I LIKE TO STAY WITH FORD MOTORS BECAUSE ITS A FORD......
THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL,

CHARLIE W. MEADS [email protected] 514 cu in

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm sorry if I'm a bit late with this info, but - - I am building a Coast to Coast 37 Ford Sedan and have chosen a 5.0L Mustang eng and c-6 trans for power.This is my 6th kit build and I was hoping to use a 4valve 4.6L drive train. As you have probably noted by now, the wedge shape on the engine compartment does not lend itself to a wide profile engine. The 4.6 is one of the widest blocks built by Ford, but I can't see how you could squeeze a big block in without altering the firewall or modifying the side cowls. With the price of fuel, are you sure you want to go "Big Block"?

·
http://teamrfc.gospelcom.net
1,742 Posts
I assume that you are looking at this motor

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stor...goryId=83458&parentCategoryId=10763&langId=-1

It looks good to me. 625 hp and 600 tq should get the job done. Just a couple of things to think about. This motor has a solid roller cam. This means that, first off, you will have to set your vlave lash once in a while. Also, the cam is fairly large (254 258 @ .050 duration). The motor is large also, which will help, but you will have to run a reasonably loose stall converter, probably around 3000 RPM, in order to match the powerband of this motor. Also, you may have difficulty with power accessories, if you have any of those. If you dont mind those things, the price seems good. Another thing to consider is a procharged small block ford. You can get just as much hp as you are looking at now, but in a much more streetable package. It may cost a little bit more, but it would be better on long trips.

Adam

1 - 3 of 3 Posts