Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I know, you all are thinking... The title says "53 Bel-Air" ..... But it's posted by VWFan....Now that's wierd....

Well, my Brother-in-law just bought a 53 Bel-Air 2 door coupe and is planning on restoring it to stock. It's pretty rough.... When I first saw it I knew we were in for a bunch-o-fun!!! So, I was curious, I did some searches, but have not found a lot of info on these. Does anybody know of some good web-sites for parts for this baby? It needs everything from quarter panels to an engine to the interior parts. Since it is going to be a restore to "original" we want to use all steel body panels and attempt to keep most parts as close to OEM as possible.

Any help on this would be awesome!

Thanks!!!

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
Web site

Try chevytalk.com they may know..Try metalmeet.com for you may be making some of the sheet metal//

And if all else fails chop it :cool:

OMT

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info!

Anyone else know of some good places???

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
Contact: The National Chevy Assoc. at 2531 James Drive, St. Paul, MN. 55119 or call them at (612) 739-4275.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Chopper Builder o<>\o
171 Posts
Are you still looking for parts for the 53 Chevy Bel Air? My brother had several 52-54 Chevy Bel Air's. I think they were 4 door versions though, I'll have to ask. Not sure what fits for 2 door bel airs. He has doors, glass, fender, hoods, axles, etc., etc., etc. Located in southern california.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yes! I am sure this will take several.....years to complete. If you have any contact information I will pass it along to my bro.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts