Hot Rod Forum banner

5521 - 5540 of 5554 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sorry for the loss of your life partner, Barb. Know that prayers will continue while you go through the grieving process and adjusting to a new way of life.

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
5,258 Posts
My condolences for your loss John.
I was blessed to have the chance to meet her before the end of her journey.

Reactions: John long

·
Slow but willing learner
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,525
Thanks a million guys. My brother is in town from Boston until Wednesday so I have stayed busy with him this week. I truly appreciate all the kind words and promise to let this thread get back to it's intended purpose. It may take a little time but I will get back down stairs. Not only would Barb want me too, but I think it will end up being good therapy. Barb, my friends, and God himself would want me to keep living life to the fullest I can.

When my dad died I was so proud of how my mom picked herself up and almost blossomed joining a card group volunteering at Senior Citizens and making a new life for herself. She was amazing.

We can always look for, and find, our blessings.

John

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,394 Posts
So sorry to hear John, prayers going out to you and Barb.

Brian

Reactions: John long

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,394 Posts
Went to a car show today John, very cool! It does wonders for a car nut brain that's for sure.

Brian

·
Slow but willing learner
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,532
I finally put the hood stainless on Precious today. It is the lower door trim off a ‘54 Plymouth Belvedere. I had to shorten ot 8 1/2” and make stainless clips to install it. This was a coward's solution to not welding the two hood sides together.

My spot welder made the clips pretty simple but even so, I have spent 4 hours today doing it.

I also got the '36 roadster cleaned up and drove it far enough to bring the engine up to temperature and charge the battery fully. It is good to have both cars ready for my beck and call.......😋😋😋😋

John

·
Collector of "someday" cars
2,427 Posts
As usual, looks great.
I am going to a paint workshop in IA this weekend, to work with the principal crafter of House of Kolor Shimrin II paints. Jon Kozmoski will be there too, but he is 83 and Jim did most of the work on the development and knows the most about it. I'll be learning how to mix and apply pearls, metallics, candies and clear. Cutting, buffing, paint gun set up for all these different paints and painting a couple projects. Hopefully, this will boost my confidence enough to start doing my own painting... :D

·
Slow but willing learner
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,534
As usual, looks great.
I am going to a paint workshop in IA this weekend, to work with the principal crafter of House of Kolor Shimrin II paints. Jon Kozmoski will be there too, but he is 83 and Jim did most of the work on the development and knows the most about it. I'll be learning how to mix and apply pearls, metallics, candies and clear. Cutting, buffing, paint gun set up for all these different paints and painting a couple projects. Hopefully, this will boost my confidence enough to start doing my own painting... :D
Wow! I really envy you. I would love to have that opportunity.

I don't know why but the technology involved in paint and body always has fascinated me. Years ago, I was blessed to be able to go to all the PPG refinishing seminars and even have my PPG certification.

Of course, all that is worth the paper it is printed on but I still was pleased to get it. One of the reasons I like the SPI products so well is Barry is always willing to explain and teach the techniques that work best with his products. Not just how, but why.

You will love the painting. You will hate the mess, but the satisfaction of cutting and buffing your first paint job will have you hooked. It definitely is addictive. I hope you have a great trip! 👍

John

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
5,258 Posts
Looks terrific John.

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
5,258 Posts
As usual, looks great.
Awesome workshop to attend.
Stop by my house on the way back. I'll have the gun loaded and ready to shoot.

·
Slow but willing learner
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,538
The rear side panels are temporarily installed.

This allowed me to mark the trim location on the door cards.

Lastly, I started tearing down the old original door panels to salvage the stainless trim.

I needed to quit and clean up. I was invited to have dinner with friends who included me to eat at the Dockside Cafe on Chickamauga Lake. It was a nice evening for sure.

John

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been away from the forum too long and just read about the passing of your beloved wife and I'm so sorry for your loss John. My 53 is still sitting but I've acquired many parts plus a recent purchase of another 53 convertible parts car for the frame and other trim pieces. I'm going to try to post a picture of it as it's worth a good laugh.

·
Slow but willing learner
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,540 (Edited)
I've been away from the forum too long and just read about the passing of your beloved wife and I'm so sorry for your loss John. My 53 is still sitting but I've acquired many parts plus a recent purchase of another 53 convertible parts car for the frame and other trim pieces. I'm going to try to post a picture of it as it's worth a good laugh.
View attachment 615619
LOL,The tree tells the story. We are on the same road. I found a hardtop for the heavy frame but had to swap in the X member.

You will enjoy the journey. Just be patient and make it many small projects instead of one overwhelming one.

Thank you also for the kind words.

John

5521 - 5540 of 5554 Posts